Benefits of therapeutic massage -
Many people seek therapeutic massage as a natural means to promote healthy body functioning, and enhance the body’s own restorative powers.
There is multitude of benefits of therapeutic massage:
- Pain relief, relieve of sore or tight muscles
- Recovery from sports activity, promotes faster healing
- Improved circulation
- Increased flexibility, better posture
- Reduces tension headaches
- General relaxation, calming of the nervous system
- Promotes better sleep
- Promotes a feeling of well being
- Complement to other Health Care
Are there any restrictions? -
There are certain situations in which caution should be taken before receiving therapeutic massage. It is generally agreed upon that persons with uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, recent surgery or fractures, phlebitis, fever, and other problem conditions should consult their doctors for any restrictions on receiving massage. In some cases, limited restrictions apply, and in rare cases, massage should be avoided altogether. If in doubt, consult your doctor.